They say that home is where the heart is and the heart of every home is the living room. The living room mostly reflects the overall ambiance of the entire house. It gives the impression of what kind of family is living in the house. It gives the general feeling of being welcomed. House is an extension of the personality of the owner. Further, living room is important because this is where company and visitors are welcomed upon their arrival.
A living room renovation doesnt necessarily have to cost a fortune. There are many ways that you can do without having to sacrifice your three months worth of salary or a lifetime worth of savings. You only must separate your “needs” from your “wants” and “considerable wants”. It is actually easier said than done because there’s only a thin line that separates those three categories. But successfully doing this can make you a lot of money. Classify your furniture or accessories under three (3) categories. These categories can be for keeping, for throwing or for renovating.
First things first! Decide on your motif. This is sometimes called as motif or ambiance that you want to achieve. The whole thing will start from there. After you’ve identified your theme, it’s all downhill after that. Living room for a big family is different from a smaller family. A couples living room is also different from a bachelors and/or bachelorettes living room. If you have kids, you definitely don’t want to be putting a lot of glass or fragile things around your living room. Make sure that the living room is child friendly and free of expensive China’s and porcelain There are a lot of great ideas found on the internet. Better yet, you can hold a couple’s or family discussion where you can incorporate ideas of one another. For a family living room, make sure to make good use of necessary points not all the points because the living room might look like a disaster.
A couples living room is fairly easy. You must balance what you and your partner wants. The key here is compromise and not dominate the entire living room with your personal choice alone. First, list down all the colors and themes you both come-up with. After that, sit-down and review the whole thing and try to see which of those thoughts go all together. It could also be a great concept to make the design reflective of both your personalities. Your differences and uniqueness combined will create a one of a kind ambiance for your living room.
People living by themselves more or less has easiest way of deciding which design they want achieved for their living rooms.Living by yourself can be lonely at times. When decorating or renovating your living room, make sure to think of interesting and creative ways to make your friends want to drop-by your house frequently. You could want to add huge bean bags or a nice set of book shelf. You could even decorate a focal wall.
Liven up the living room on a budget
5 Easy steps to immediately transform your living room into a fashionable but cozy area. Just keep in mind that just because you are on a budget doesn’t necessarily mean you need to compromise comfort and safety.
1. Clear off the Mess – a filthy and messy living room defeats the purpose of a well thought of redecoration. Your living must be kept nice and neat all the time.
2. Create a focal wall – a focal wall is the “center” of a room especially a living room. Having to focus your design on a bare or boring wall will save you money. This is where you can splash a nice color that compliments the motif of your living room then hang or place equally interesting wall pieces to accentuate. You can also hang clocks and other similar things.
3. Paint your furniture – occasionally all your furniture needs is a gold ole’re-touch! Repaint them according to your new living room theme. You can also do your walls if your budget permits. You can add textures or use different handles to accentuate.
4. Adding pillows is the oldest trick of the trade. By merely using a different design, style and color of pillowcases, you just add a pop of color in your living room. For you not to get overwhelmed with colors and designs, you could use colors of the same family like blue and powder blue. Or colors that absolutely goes together like yellow and brown and rose and nudes. Just try to mix and match and see what goes together without going overboard.
5. Work on your budget – do not get tired of looking for the greatest bargain and discount shops. You can look it up on the internet for good options and websites that give quality yet inexpensive items. Try overstock.Com, crateandbarrel.Com, furniturestorenyc.Com, ebay.Com and amazon.Com. Google has never been this dependable.
If your living room or your living room furniture and accessories have been collecting dusts or feeds off the termites then its high-time for that fashionable living room you or your family so deserve.